Punjab Resource Management Program (PRMP) is a policy and governance reform program of Government of the Punjab. PMU, PRMP is functioning under the administrative domain of Planning & Development Department, Government of Punjab. PRMP-I and later PGEIP (Punjab Government Efficiency Improvement Program) were initiated by the Government of Punjab with the assistance of Asian Development Bank as a comprehensive reform package with an aim to strengthen provincial finances, institutional development and incentive mechanisms for public service delivery. Creation of an enabling environment for private sector development to make it an engine for growth of the economy is also a smiling principle of PRMP. The PRMP-II ended successfully in June 2008 and PGEIP on June 2012.
The PMU PRMP has now been tasked to assist the Government of the Punjab to co-ordinate in accomplishing third generation reforms agenda. It is currently partnering with World Bank and Department for International Development to achieve that end. The PRMP works towards the achievement of the following objectives:
- Strengthen service delivery and financial management systems in the province for improved access and quality of services delivered to citizens.
- In particular, to increase satisfaction level of citizens with education, health, policing, irrigation, revenue, livestock, agriculture and business promotion services and to increase trust of citizens in the state transparency and responsiveness.
- Improvement of effectiveness, predictability and accountability in financial management.
- Create a competitive environment for merit-based appointments, Open, responsive government, fostering innovations and knowledge management, result based management, E-governance, Decentralization, Resource mobilization and value for money, public private partnerships and leadership qualities.
- Improvement in strategic programming of investments for poverty reduction.
- Ensure stable democracy by helping to ensure government services better meet the needs of the poor in Punjab.