The World Bank funded Public Sector Capacity Building Project (PSCBP) with a total outlay of USD$61 million. The program was financed from an amount of USD$2 million allocated by the Federal Government to the Government of Punjab out of the total outlay of USD$61 million provided by the World Bank for PSCBP. A further USD$1 million was committed by the Government of Punjab as counterpart fund. The PC-1 was approved in at the cost of PKR 180 million [USD$3 million at the rate of PKR 60] out of which USD$2 million was funded by the World Bank and USD$1 million was provided by Government of Punjab. The umbrella project named Public Sector Capacity Building Project (PSCBP) completed on November 30, 2009.
After the closure of PSCBP, Government of the Punjab developed an integrated Punjab Capacity Building Program (PCBP-I-II-III and IV) for officers in the relevant areas which equipped them with suitable professional skills to undertake the upcoming challenges. The four year (PCBP)-IV has been approved at the cost of PKR Rs. 81 million with gestation period of four years i-e 2013-14 to 2016-17.
Under PCBP-IV (2013-17) the following targets are intended to be achieved through appropriate utilization of funds the allocated:
- The universities and disciplines for Master Degree programs will be selected by Capacity Development Intervention (CDI) Committee.
- Officers of provincial cadre would be sent for one/two year Master/M-Phil degree programs to top local universities after selection through competitive process.
- The officers will also be sent for Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification courses which are considered to be the most important industry recognized certification for project managers.
PCBP-IV Spring Session-2016
- Application Form for PCBP-IV
- Eligibility Criteria-PCBP-IV- Long Run
- List of Broad Areas or Disciplines Under PCBP-IV
- List of Local Universities
- Surety Bond format for PCBP-IV Candidates
- Undertaking for PCBP-IV Candidates
- List of scholars under PCBP-IV